The Bulletin print edition is published and delivered by 6:00 a.m. Pacific time on weekdays and by 7 a.m. on weekends. Articles and classified ads from that day's newspaper are also accessible digitally on bendbulletin.com, along with the E-edition view that enables readers to browse the newspaper page-by-page online. Content on bendbulletin.com is frequently updated.
How can I start a subscription?
Simply go here or click the Subscribe link in our menu on the home page at bendbulletin.com, or call our circulation office at 541-385-5800. You can choose a home-delivery subscription with online access or a digital-only subscription.
If I start my home-delivered subscription midweek, can I receive the previous Sunday's paper?
Yes. As an added value, we can deliver the previous Sunday's paper to you. You will also have access to previously published content online by going to bendbulletin.com.
Why should I subscribe?
Knowledge is power. So whether it's news about prices at the pump, weather conditions, classifieds or our award-winning sports coverage, being informed and entertained puts you in the driver's seat. Use our health articles to stay fit, mentally and physically. The Business section provides Central Oregon's only comprehensive business coverage, along with a stocks page that reviews market trends and tips. Sports buffs can stay current with their favorite teams, from peewee to pro to Pole Pedal Paddle. Lovers of the outdoors have their own content, along with our Lifestyle articles filled with new ideas on décor, home improvement and gardening. Get ready for the weekend on Thursdays with music, restaurant and movie reviews in GO! Magazine. You'll get our TV booklet every week and online daily at bendbulletin.com, providing complete TV listings for the week. And you'll find comics, crossword and other daily puzzles. The Classifieds are the best source of your next bargain.
How will The Bulletin help me to save money?
- Clip a few coupons from our Tuesday or Sunday paper and your subscription pays for itself the first week.
- Save on dining and entertainment by taking advantage of the free events and restaurant specials in GO! Magazine every Thursday.
- Browse thousands of bargains found daily in the Classifieds.
How do I stop my paper temporarily while on vacation?
Delivery of the printed paper can be stopped online through our Subscriber Services option. Simply click this link and log into your account. First-time visitors will be required to register their account (BB######) in order to select a password and update their e-mail address. Call 541-385-5800 during business hours. Online options available for temporarily stopping The Bulletin home delivery include:
- Digital Vacation Hold: To stop delivery of your printed paper but ensure continued access to bendbulletin.com content, please select a Digital Vacation Hold.
- Donation of your newspaper: To stop delivery of your printed paper and donate those papers to a local program, please select one of the following.
- Share Because You Care program. This allows our senior citizens, women housed in shelters, and active-duty military personnel who may not be able to afford the luxury of a newspaper each day the enjoyment of being both informed and entertained through your generosity .
- NIE (Newspapers in Education) Program. This provides our local teachers with a much-needed additional resource and helps promote literacy throughout our communities.
- Vacation Pack: We can save your missed papers in a Vacation Pack and deliver them to you upon your return.
How do I get more information about NIE (Newspapers in Education)?
Contact our program administrator, at email@example.com
- Inquire about sponsoring delivery of The Bulletin to area classrooms.
- Place a classroom order for The Bulletin here.
- Schedule free workshops on how to use the newspaper effectively in classrooms.
For complete details, see the NIE page.
What can I do if I have questions about my bill/delivery service?
Call customer service at 541-385-5800
Monday — Friday 6 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday — Sunday 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
How do I:
- Offer a news tip: Call 541-382-1811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Correct a mistake or clarify a fact: 541-382-1811
- Get a back copy of the newspaper: 541-385-5800
- Purchase a photo that appeared in the paper: Find the photo online and select the purchase icon next to the photo.
- Submit an item for community listings: Go to bendbulletin.com/planit and click Add Event, or call 541-383-0351 or email email@example.com.
- Contact the circulation department: Call 541-385-5800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact classified advertising: Call 541-385-5809 or email email@example.com.
- Contact sales advertising: Call 541-382-1811
How do I search for real estate?
Visit Bendhomes.com, a Central Oregon real estate website, powered by The Bulletin and Central Oregon Association of Realtors.
How can I find past news articles?
Enter a keyword or words in the search field at the top of any page on the website to search for content online.
How much traffic does Bendbulletin.com get?
The site averages about 1.7 million page views a month and more than 260,000 unique visitors a month.
How can I reach employees at The Bulletin?
Click on the Staff Directory, listed in the footer at the bottom of the home page.
Where is The Bulletin's office located?
Our office is on the west side of Bend in the Old Mill. The address is:
320 SW Upper Terrace Dr
Bend, OR 97702
How can I send website feedback to bendbulletin.com?
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the PayMeter work?
You may view five articles for free, every 30 days. This gives you a chance to see what The Bulletin has to offer, to share article links with friends and family and to introduce you to bendbulletin.com. After reading your fifth article, you may select buttons to Subscribe or Login if you are a subscriber with digital access to continue reading.
What content is not counted in the PayMeter?
Information available free to everyone includes:
- Classified ads
- Events calendar
- Special Publication
- Sponsored Content
- Information about The Bulletin, including job openings.
What do online subscribers receive?
Subscribers have full access online to all the articles of the print edition of the Bulletin, plus all electronic archives. They also have the ability to comment on any article and to view the E-Edition that replicates the print paper.
If I am a print subscriber, do I automatically get an online subscription?
Yes. To access the full content, register your account, choose your login username and password, and then simply login by clicking link in the upper right hand corner of the home page. If you want to receive the online access only, the charge is less. To purchase a subscription, please go to bendbulletin.com/subscribe-now and follow the prompts.
Why is The Bulletin charging a fee for online-only access?
News and information is valuable and expensive to produce. Publishing local news to our website involves considerable additional investment in staff, licensing, software and hardware. As always, the leading local news stories of the day, the events calendar, weather, and much other community service content is available to everyone, without a subscription.