house fire

A house fire ignited in northeast Bend Tuesday morning after combustibles were left on a hot stove top.

A house fire ignited Tuesday morning in northeast Bend after combustibles were left on a hot stovetop, according to Bend Fire & Rescue.

The fire was quickly extinguished after fire crews arrived. Damage to the home and its contents is estimated at $50,000.

After the fire started, the occupant of the home quickly called 911. When fire crews arrived, the fire had spread from the kitchen to the attic through kitchen vent hood piping, according to a press release.

The combustibles left on the stovetop could not be identified due to damage.

Kitchen fires are one of the leading causes of house fires in America. According to the National Fire Protection Association, 49% of all house fires in America are cooking related. 

Safety tips for kitchens and your home can be found at Bend Fire & Rescue’s website.

Sign up for our Daily Headlines newsletter

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.