With summer around the corner, city officials say to keep an eye out for more events and closures that will be affecting Bend’s roads. Here’s a look at what is to come this week:
• Bend Beer Chase will be from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, closing NW Idaho Avenue between NW Wall Street and NW Bond Street and Crusher Avenue between O.B. Riley Road and Archie Briggs Road.
• Cascade Cycling Classic will be in Bend on Saturday and Sunday, affecting NW Columbia Street between Simpson Avenue and NW Albany Avenue, SW Shevlin Hixon Drive between Simpson Avenue and NW Allen Road, and SW Commerce Avenue between NW Allen Road and NW Columbia Street from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday. On Sunday, NW Mt. Washington Drive at the intersection with NW Summit Drive, NW Mt. Washington Drive at the intersection with NW Regency Street, NW College Way, NW Saginaw Drive, NW Juniper Drive, NW Iowa Drive, NW Tower Rock Road, NW Promontory Drive, NW Three Sisters Drive, NW Overlook Drive, NW Remarkable Drive, NW Perspective Drive and NW Horizon Drive will all be affected from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• SW Bond Street between SE Wilson Avenue and SW Upper Terrace Drive for paving, road closure with detour, on Wednesday.
• NE Second Street between NE Burnside Avenue and NE Quimby Avenue for paving, road closure with local access only on Wednesday.
• NW Twilight Drive, NW Nightfall Circle, Sample Court, NW Keenan Court and NW Fitzgerald Court for milling and paving, road closure with local access only, Tuesday through Friday.
• Wilderness Way, Steens Mountain Loop, Strawberry Mountain Court, Cultus Mountain Court, Steens Mountain Court, Merritt Court and Dooley Mountain Loop for milling, road closures with local access only, Thursday and Friday.
• SW Troon Avenue and NW 17th Avenue for milling and paving, road closures with local access only, Thursday and Friday.
• SW Colorado Avenue/NW Arizona Avenue between SW Industrial Way and SW Wall Street for geotechnical boring, lane shifts in eastbound lane, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday.