By Aubrey Wieber

The Bulletin

A Bend man has been charged with two counts of first-degree kidnapping, fourth-degree assault and coercion for allegedly beating and manipulating his 18-year-old girlfriend into being an online sex worker.

An investigation into Shane Morgan, 22, was opened Sept. 20 after his girlfriend called Bend Police to report that Morgan had repeatedly beat her, forced her to strip, masturbate and have sex in front of a web camera and controlled all of her money during their four-month relationship, according to court records.

The alleged victim stated the two fought the night before she called police and Morgan assaulted her and locked her in the closet until the next morning, according to court records. The next day, her grandfather picked her up and helped her fly back to Arizona, where her family lived.

She told police Morgan forced her to do online sex work every day for three to six hours, and that all of the money it produced was deposited into his account. She told police she never refused, because when Morgan got mad, he would point a loaded gun at her and graphically describe how he would kill her and describe the illegal acts he would perform on her dead body, according to court records.

Morgan was arrested and booked into the Deschutes County jail Sept. 23. He posted 10 percent of his $75,000 bail two days later and was released.

The victim told Bend Police officer Cynthia Ksenzulak that she met Morgan on Tinder and quickly moved in with Morgan, his mother and sister in their Bend home. She said Morgan told her to empty her bank account and give him all the money. He told her if she ever needed anything, she could just ask him.

The alleged victim said when they started dating, Morgan wanted to separate her from her family so he could have more control and told her to tell her family she had been raped by her uncle in Bend, according to court records.

From that point on, the alleged victim said, she never left Morgan’s side. The only time they were apart was when he would leave to get coffee in the morning or to purchase marijuana. She said as soon as she turned 18, Morgan set up an account on a website where women strip and perform sexual acts over live streaming video. She told police if she ever skipped a day, Morgan would force her to perform acts on the website the entire next day with only short breaks for food, according to court records.

The alleged victim said she would make as much as $1,000 on weekend nights and up to $300 on weekday nights, but that Morgan controlled all of the money. If viewers paid enough, he would then have sex with her on camera.

She said Morgan started ridiculing her about her weight, saying she was too fat for the camera. She said he would guilt her into not eating, and over the course of their relationship, she went from 125 pounds to 105 pounds, according to court records.

She also stated Morgan would regularly abuse her and once hit her in the back of the head with a pistol he kept on him at all times. She also reported he twice choked her until she lost consciousness, according to police reports.

The night before she called police, she said she and Morgan drove out near Tumalo. She said Morgan punched her in the left eye. When the two got home, she said Morgan again punched her in the face. She said he then threw her to the ground and then lifted her up and “body slammed” her on the ground, according to court records. She said her head hit an Xbox console, cutting her head open. During the entire altercation he called her degrading names, according to court records.

She told police she then ran to the bathroom and Morgan followed her, hitting and pushing her. She told police she got in the bathtub and curled into a ball, protecting her head and neck, according to court records. Morgan then repeatedly kicked her, she said.

Morgan stopped and told her to get up. She said she was scared he would hurt her more, but he replied she wasn’t worth it. They went back to Morgan’s room, where he allegedly ordered her to clear out the closet. He then pushed her into the closet and threw a blanket in before closing the doors and barricading it shut with furniture, according to court records.

The next morning, after knocking on the closet door for 20 minutes, she told police she was let out. Her grandfather then showed up at the house unannounced, and the two made plans to go out to breakfast together. She stated Morgan took her cellphone and said she wouldn’t need it if she was going to come back after breakfast.

Her grandfather took her to Eugene, where she got on a plane to Arizona.

When interviewed by police, Morgan largely denied all allegations, and told police they couldn’t search his room because it was all packed up because he was moving. When police got a search warrant, they found his room largely unpacked.

Morgan is scheduled to be arraigned on a grand jury indictment Oct. 19.

­— Reporter: 541-383-0376,