The South Canal improvement project and other construction is closing roads across Redmond.
New closures include:
• NW Northwest Way from NW Spruce Avenue to NW Upas Avenue, Monday through April 26. The area will be closed for construction on a new water main line and reconstruction of the roadway.
• SW Eighth Street from SW Evergreen Avenue to SW Deschutes Avenue, which will be intermittently closed for construction through February. Construction relates to the Centennial Park expansion.
• SW Sixth Street from SW Evergreen Avenue to SW Forest Avenue and SW Evergreen Avenue from SW Seventh Street to SW Sixth Street, which will cause traffic disruptions and sidewalk closures for construction through February. Construction will be done on the Historic Redmond Hotel. Business access will be available.
Ongoing closures include:
• NW Spruce Avenue from NW 22nd Street to NW 19th Street, closed for sewer construction through March 31.
The South Canal improvement project is causing closures in the following areas:
• SW Veterans Way to SW Obsidian Avenue will remain closed for construction.
• SW Pumice Avenue to SW Salmon Avenue will remain closed for construction.
The South Canal improvement project is scheduled to be complete by April. Sections of South Canal Boulevard will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open. Weekly project updates can be found online at www.southcanalblvd.org.
Residents may call the construction hotline, 541-579-2233, for more information or to report a concern.