— From wire reports

Lake tourism not hampered by water advisories — Business owners around Detroit Lake say summer tourism is business as usual despite several water advisories issued in the area in recent months. Detroit businesses say they have seen only slight drops in sales. Many of the campgrounds and motels in the area have still been full for major holidays such as the Fourth of July. The steady flow of visitors may be due to people being unaware of the current water advisory that has been in place since June 28 rather than people ignoring the advisories. When the first advisories warning visitors the toxic algae blooms at the lake and the North Santiam River were issued in May, businesses saw an immediate drop in sales and many customers canceled their reservations.

Eight ICE protesters arrested — Federal officers arrested eight protesters as tensions flared again at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement headquarters in Portland. Rob Sperling, a spokesman for the division responsible for protecting federal buildings, said protesters tossed items at officers Wednesday after ignoring warnings to stop blocking the driveway. He said officers deployed pepper spray to keep demonstrators back and protect the officers who were making arrests. Sperling said the protesters face a variety of charges, such as failure to comply and obstruction. The activists who have been protesting since June 17 want to abolish ICE and end the Trump administration’s zero-tolerance immigration policy. Officers made three arrests Monday.

Man arrested after alleged racial slurs — Beaverton police have arrested a man after witnesses say he shouted racial slurs at a 17-year-old black girl and threatened to hurt her. Police said Wednesday that Samuel Harris Corbett, 37, was arrested on charges of intimidation, menacing, disorderly conduct and harassment after the Monday incident. Authorities said the bystanders kept Corbett away from the teenager, who took shelter in a nearby AM/PM store until police arrived. A victim’s advocate is in contact with the teen and her family. No attorney for Corbett was listed in court records.

Sexual assault kit links man to rape — A 64-year-old man has been sentenced on Tuesday to more than 30 years in prison after a sexual assault kit linking him to a 2011 rape emerged from the backlog. Curtis Clint Williams is the first defendant in Multnomah County to be found guilty by jury since police and prosecutors have started working on clearing the backlog of thousands of untested sexual assault kits. Williams was accused of raping a 19-year-old woman in 2011 after meeting her near a TriMet ticket machine. The woman told police Williams invited her to his apartment where he raped her. Her sexual assault examination kit was tested in 2011 and the DNA on the kit matched Williams. Williams is scheduled to go to trial for a second attack later this month.