The Bend Fire Department’s Santa Express food and clothing drive may be coming to a neighborhood near you. Residents are encouraged to donate nonperishable food items, clothing and new toys for families in need in Bend and Central Oregon.
To donate, keep a lookout for the fire engine with Santa Claus tagging along, then bring donations to the street for collection. Volunteers will be walking with the fire engines to collect the donated items.
The Santa Express schedule is as follows:
• Tuesday: Larkspur, Foxborough and Sun Meadow neighborhoods
• Wednesday: Providence, areas north and south of Neff Road
• Thursday: NorthWest Crossing
Donations can also be dropped off until Dec. 15 at the following locations in Bend:
• Bend Fire Department stations
• The Salvation Army, 515 NE DeKalb Ave.
• Firkus Plumbing, 558 SE Glenwood Drive
• Wholesale Sports, 63492 Hunnel Road
• Pappy’s Pizza, 20265 Meyer Road
• Starbucks (Century Drive, downtown, S. U.S. Highway 97, Cascade Village, 27th Street and Sisemore Avenue locations)