This week's best travel bargains around the globe.
• South African Airways has sale fares from Washington Dulles to several cities in South Africa. Round-trip air to Johannesburg starts at $829; to Cape Town, from $859; and to Durban, from $869, including taxes. Travel through Dec. 9 or depart Jan. 10-March 31 and return by April 15. Restrictions include a minimum Sunday-night stay. Other airlines are matching. Book by Oct. 31 at flysaa.com.
• Honua Kai Resort & Spa on Maui has a whale-watching package with savings of at least $500. The Tons of Fun Whale Package starts at $2,260 for five nights in a one- or two-bedroom suite, daily breakfast for two and a choice of a traditional whale-watching boat tour or rafting tour. Each excursion includes a gift pack with binoculars, sunscreen, a Honua Kai logo cap, a beach bag, drinks and snacks. Add up to 14 percent in taxes. Book Nov. 1-March 31; travel Dec. 1-April 2. Holiday blackout dates apply. Info: 844-341-8509, honuakai.com.
• Ace Hotel is reducing rates by up to 25 percent at seven U.S. properties, plus London. Save 25 percent at the Pittsburgh hotel; 20 percent at properties in London, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York City, Chicago and Palm Springs. California; and 10 percent at the outpost in Portland. Rates vary. For example, with the discount, rates at the Ace Hotel Chicago start at $158, with taxes. Book by Nov. 3; travel dates and restrictions vary by property. Use promo code WINTERAGOGO. Info: acehotel.com.
• Save $875 on Kuoda Travel's Best of Peru Folklore trip. The eight-night, independent tour costs $3,485 per person double and includes accommodations in Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu; daily breakfasts; lunch at a Relais & Chateaux property; private driver and local guides; train from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu; round-trip flight between Lima and Cusco; daily tours; airport transfers; and taxes. Depart daily from April 2-Sept. 30 Info: 800-986-4150, www.kuodatravel.com/mountains-sing-best-peruvian-folklore.
• Celebrity Cruises is offering the World Is Open for the Holidays promotion in December. The first two passengers sharing a cabin choose two free perks: prepaid tips, unlimited internet, a $150 onboard credit or classic beverage package. Also, up to two additional guests sharing an oceanview or higher-category cabin receive half-price fares. The deal applies to 12 sailings departing Dec. 19-31. Book by Nov. 1. Info: 877-812-4739, celebritycruises.com.
— The Washington Post