Soulful singing, smooth saxophone and guitar duels are all on tap for the ninth season of Jazz at the Oxford.
Guitarist Lee Ritenour, known for his solo career and session work with artists such as Pink Floyd and Steely Dan, will kick off the series Oct. 19 and 20 at The Oxford Hotel. As usual, each artist will perform three shows: 7 p.m. Fridays and 5 and 8 p.m. Saturdays.
The full lineup follows:
• Oct. 19-20 — Lee Ritenour (jazz/rock/fusion guitar)
• Nov. 16-17 — Guitar Legends 2018 featuring Dan Balmer, Dan Faehnle and John Stowell (Portland guitar summit)
• Jan. 11-12 — Kat Edmonson (jazz/pop vocals)
• Feb. 8-9 — Paul Taylor (smooth jazz saxophone)
• March 15-16 — Frank McComb (soul/R&B/jazz piano)
Ritenour, Edmonson and Taylor also will participate in the series’ free music education workshops hosted by local musician Georges Bouhey. The workshops will take place at 11:15 a.m. Oct. 20, Jan. 12 and Feb. 9 at the hotel.
Series passes cost $221 plus fees and are available through Sept. 20 at jazzattheoxford.com or by calling 503-432-9477. Single-show tickets go on sale Sept. 24.