Lori Goldsmith used to call her daughter Laid-back Layla. She was so easy going, so friendly and outgoing, nothing seemed to bother her much. Then one December morning, Layla woke up, and everything was different. …
- O'Rourke, other Dems don't want tent city's contract renewed | 3:50PM
- Officials: 360,000 spring chinook die at aging fish hatchery | 12:24PM
- Oregon library halts book-discard effort after list revealed | 8:14AM
- Idaho test reactor is pivotal in US nuclear power strategy | 8:11AM
- Former teacher convicted of sex abuse involving student | 6:00AM
- Over 100K lose power as high winds hit Washington, Oregon | 6:39PM
- James, Ball post triple-doubles
- Plenty of teams still in the hunt for a playoff spot
- Foles’ dad was there last year when QB began Super run
- Browns edge Broncos, 17-16, retain glimmer of playoff hope
- A look at Week 15
- NFL Week 15 picks
- Fresno St. tops Arizona St. in Las Vegas Bowl, 31-20
- Things we overheard at baseball’s winter meetings
- Hirscher dominates to take first-run lead in Alta Badia GS | 3:06AM
- Carter scores 27 as Texas A&M beats No. 8 Oregon State 76-70 | 12:35AM
- Boeser leads Canucks to 5-1 win over slumping Flyers | 12:14AM
- Waters, Williams help LSU beat Saint Mary's 78-74 | 11:45PM
- Broncos lose another heart-breaker in fourth quarter | 11:13PM
- Appalachian St. rolls past Middle Tenn. in N.O. Bowl, 45-13 | 11:07PM
From our AdvertisersView all
PHILADELPHIA — Whenever Jalil Frazier opened his eyes, he found himself on an island barely wide enough to contain his ...
PARIS — The man described as the father of the 29-year-old suspect in this week’s deadly Christmas market attack in ...
- Childbirth could have effect on breast cancer
- Don’t eat raw dough, CDC warns; experts aren’t so sure
- SpaceX Christmas delivery arrives at space station
- Mountain lion known for freeway crossings is dead after surviving fire
- A treatment for sickle-cell disease proves effective in Africa
- What a hungry snail reveals about your grocery store breakdowns
- AI can lie, too — how can we keep up?
- Where’s our warp drive to the stars?