• Alexis Coffell, Jamison Dover, Russell Wells , all of Bend, were named to the Whitworth University provost honor roll for the fall 2017 semester, earning a GPA of 3.75 or higher.
• Eric Charles Alldritt , of Bend, was named to the University of Oklahoma honor roll for the fall 2017 semester, earning a GPA of 3.5 or higher
• Mindy Lee Breit , of Redmond, received her MBA from Eastern Oregon University with the fall 2017 class.
• The following students were named to the Eastern Oregon University’s deans list for the fall 2017 semester, maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or higher:
Of Bend — Quinci Bryan, Sarah Douglas, Amy Freeman, Lily Gunter, Mary Kellogg, Julie Lowy, Caleb Tatum, Shane Therrian;
Of Prineville — Aubrey Chamness, Abigail Emerson Smith, Terran Libolt, Lisa Neuberger;
Of Redmond — Cooper Shaw and Mackinzie Sutfin;
Of Sisters — Mikayla Baird
High school notes
• Sarah Kilroy , a sophomore at Redmond Proficiency Academy, finished first in both the classic and skate disciplines in the girls U16 division of the Pacific Northwest Ski Association Junior Olympic qualifiers at Mt. Bachelor, securing her position on the 2018 Junior National Cross Country Ski Team.
• Jamie Smoker, a 13-year-old piano student at Cascade School of Music, has been awarded the Fortissmo award for January 2018. The Fortissimo award recognizes students in year three and above of private instruction who exhibit talent, effort and achievement and have been nominated by their teachers. She is the daughter of Amy and Jason Smoker of Bend. Along with an award certificate, Jamie received a $100 scholarship toward private lessons, a gift from award-sponsor Cuppa Yo and Cascade Indoor Sports. All monthly Fortissimo award winners will compete for a $1,000 scholarship to continue music studies at CSM during Crescendo Bendo to be held at the Tower Theatre on June 2.
• Zoë Clements, a 5-year-old violin student at Cascade School of Music student, has been awarded the Rising Star award for January 2018. The Rising Star award recognizes students in years one and two of private instruction who exhibit talent, effort and achievement and have been nominated by their teachers. She is the daughter of Joel and Michele Clements of Bend.