Ed Foundation head steps down
The Education Foundation for Bend-La Pine Schools Executive Director Heather Vihstadt is leaving the organization after four years to take a position with the High Desert Museum.
The Foundation raises money for the school district, contributing athletic fee scholarships and providing teachers extra resources through grants.
As the organization searches for a new executive director, board President Michele Emery and the organization’s executive team will oversee the Foundation. The organization hopes to have a new leader in place by the end of the summer.
Redmond ballot drop site opens early
The drive-by ballot drop site at the Redmond Library opened May 2 to accommodate voter requests for extended days of operation. The drop site is located at the corner of Southwest Ninth Street and Cascade Avenue. There will no longer be a drop site at the Redmond City Hall.
Crook County ballot drop sites
All sites open Monday through Friday until May 20.
• Crook County Clerk’s Office, 300 N.E. Third St., Rm. 23, Prineville; 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; open until 8 p.m. election night
• Crook County Courthouse Drive-up, 300 N.E. Third St., rear entrance, Prineville; 24 hours; open until 8 p.m. election night
• Powell Butte Elementary School, 13650 S.W. Highway 126, Powell Butte; open during school hours; open until 8 p.m. election night
• Crook County Library, 175 N.W. Meadow Lakes Drive, Prineville; open during library hours; open until 8 p.m. election night
• Post General Store, 28550 S.E. Paulina Highway, Post; open during store hours; open until 8 p.m. election night
• Crook County Treasurer’s Office, 200 N.E. Second St., Suite 100, Prineville; open during office hours; open until 8 p.m. election night
Jefferson County ballot drop sites
All drop boxes are open 24 hours
• Culver City Hall, 200 W. First St., Culver
• Metolius City Hall, 636 Jefferson St., Metolius
• Crooked River Ranch, Administration area
• Warm Springs, 2112 Wasco St.
• Jefferson County Clerk’s Office, 66 S.E. D St., Madras
— Bulletin staff reports