Editor’s note: Please send election-related My Nickel’s Worth and In My View submissions as soon as possible to email@example.com . We will give priority to election submissions, publishing as many as possible before Election Day.
Below are The Bulletin’s endorsements for the May 20 primary election. The editorial board interviews candidates only in contested races.
Ballots were mailed May 1 and must be returned to county clerks’ offices by 8 p.m. on Election Day. To read the endorsements, please go to www.bendbulletin.com/endorsements.
• Democratic nomination: Jeff Merkley
• Republican nomination: Jason Conger
House District 2
• Democratic nomination: Aelea Christofferson
• Republican nomination: Greg Walden
• Democratic nomination: John Kitzhaber
• Republican nomination: Dennis Richardson
House District 59
• Republican nomination: John Huffman
• Circuit Court judge: Randy Miller
• County commissioner, seat 1: Tony DeBone
• District attorney: Patrick Flaherty
• Bend fire levy, Measures 9-97 and 9-98: Yes
• County commissioner, position 2: Seth Crawford
• Making commissioner officers nonpartisan, Measure 7-62: Yes
• County commissioner, position 1: Tom Brown
• County commissioner, position 2: Mike Ahern