Snow remains throughout Central Oregon with recent strong winds creating substantial blowdown. Volunteer crews continue to clear as many trees as possible, weather permitting. Trails below 4,500 feet have 2-8 inches of snow with icy conditions.
Sno-park snow depths
• Virginia Meissner: 6-8 inches
• Swampy Lakes: 16-18 inches with heavy blowdown
• Wanoga Snoplay Area and Sno-park: 10 inches
• Wanoga Snowmobile: 10-12 inches
• Dutchman Flat: 18-24 inches with some blowdown on off-trail areas
• Edison Butte: 5-6 inches
• Upper Three Creeks: 4-6 inches
• Ten Mile Sno-park: 6-8 inches
• Vista Butte: 14-16 inches
• Skyliner: 4-6 inches
• Crescent Lake/Junction: 6-8 inches
Sno-park Hazards and signage
Most low-elevation sno-parks will contain low-snow hazards and are not recommended until more snow accumulates.
Thirty-five percent of the 700 winter snow pole signs are in place in the Moon Mountain to Dutchman Flat area.
Equestrian trails in the Horse Butte area were vandalized recently with rocks being spray-painted orange. If you have any information, call 541-383-5798.
Road 4603 to Tumalo Falls is closed for the season with ski and snowshoe access only.