Need some tips for cooking that turkey? A number of turkey purveyors and government agencies offer advice — both online and on the phone — to help make for the perfect Thanksgiving holiday.
* Oregon State University Extension Service hotline: 800-354-7319. Master food preserver volunteers are available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. The food safety website for the extension service is www.extension.oregonstate.edu/fch/food-safety.
* Butterball Turkey Talk Line: 800-288-8372. Read answers to most frequently asked questions at www.butterball.com.
* Honeysuckle White Turkey Line prerecorded information: 800-810-6325. Turkey preparation tips at www.honeysucklewhite.com.
* Perdue Farms turkey help line: 800-473-7383. Advice on turkey questions at www.perdue.com.
* The National Turkey Federation offers advice on turkey preparation at www.eatturkey.com.
* U.S. Department of Agriculture Meat and Poultry Hotline: 888-674-6854 or www.fsis.usda.gov.