The Deschutes Children’s Forest organization is hosting free nature events in Bend parks throughout the summer. All programs will take place from 11 a.m. to noon and are aimed at elementary school-aged kids.
Upcoming events include:
• Thursday, Larkspur Park: “Decomposition Rocks!” — The Environmental Center staff presents a program about decomposition, which will include games and digging in the dirt.
• July 25, Hollygrape Park: “Birds of Prey” — The High Desert Museum presents a close encounter with a raptor.
• Aug. 1, McKay Park: “Watery Wonders” — The Upper Deschutes Watershed Council talks to kids about exploring water and creatures who live in water.
• Aug. 8, Ponderosa Park: “Fascinating Forests” — Discover Your Forest staff talk about the secrets kids can find in forests, including storytelling and hands-on science activities.
• Aug. 15, Hillside Park: “Predators and Prey” — The Environmental Center presents a program about the diverse range of creatures that live in Central Oregon.