The Deschutes Land Trust kicks off a series today of naturalist-led hikes and outdoor learning adventures for kids. Hands-on activities and kid-friendly length hikes make these outings perfect for families, according to the Land Trust.
All the events are free, but registration is required. Group sizes are small and online registration opens one month prior to the outing.
•Today — Water Wonders, Camp Polk Meadow Preserve
• June 26 — Hike Skyline Forest
• June 30 — Bird Walk, Metolius Preserve
• July 20 — Animal Signs for Kids, Metolius Preserve
• July 24 — Water Wonders, Metolius Preserve
• Aug. 14 — Transformers, Camp Polk Meadow Preserve
• Aug. 21 — Water Wonders, Metolius Preserve
Times and descriptions, as well as registration information, can be found at www.deschuteslandtrust.org/events?event_topic=Kids&event_property=
— From staff reports