Two adults and a dog escaped unharmed from their burning home early Friday morning in La Pine.
The occupants of a home in the 15700 block of Burgess Road woke around 2 a.m. to flames coming from the roof and wall surrounding a wood stove, according to a news release from the La Pine Rural Fire Department.
A rapid response from the fire department kept the fire contained to one wall and the attic. Two engines, one water tender and 14 firefighters responded to the structure fire, which is believed to have been caused by the stovepipe separating within the wall.
Red Cross provided comfort kits, food, lodging and health services information to the occupants.