Valentine’s heroin — Oregon State Police say a traffic stop on Interstate 84 in Eastern Oregon yielded a surprise: five pounds of heroin packed into two Valentine’s Day teddy bear gift baskets. Lt. Gregg Hastings said Monday the heroin was valued at $200,000. He said two young women from Phoenix, Ariz., were arrested for investigation of unlawful possession and distribution of a controlled substance and booked into the Malheur County Jail. Hastings said a senior trooper stopped the Honda Accord with Arizona license plates for failing to signal lane changes.

Rangeland arson — Lawyers for two ranchers convicted of setting fire to Eastern Oregon rangeland are trying to block a bid by federal prosecutors to get an appeals court to impose tougher sentences. Steven Dwight Hammond, 43, was sentenced to a year in prison, and his father, 70-year-old Dwight Lincoln Hammond, to three months. Prosecutors have told the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that the judge was too lenient when he failed to impose the five-year minimum. The Harney County men were convicted in June for a 2001 fire set near Steens Mountain. They had been unhappy with the rate at which federal range managers were doing controlled burns.

Wrong-way crash — An 88-year-old driver caused a wrong-way crash on Interstate 84 in northeastern Oregon, according to Oregon State Police. Senior Trooper Michael Holloran said Jocelyn Gay, of The Dalles, was driving her Toyota east on I-84 on Monday but missed her exit. When she realized her mistake, Holloran said, Gay made a U-turn and started driving west in the left eastbound lane, apparently thinking she was on a two-lane highway. She collided nearly head-on at about 65 mph with a Dodge Caravan driven by a 65-year-old Umatilla woman. Both vehicles hit the median and the Dodge then sideswiped a commercial truck. State police said both women suffered minor injuries.

Missing boy — Attorneys for the father of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman have asked a judge to delay his divorce from the child’s stepmother. No arrests have been made, but the father, Kaine Horman, believes Terri Horman knows what happened. He said after Monday’s hearing that he wants the delay to allow the criminal investigation to proceed without interference, and to protect his 4-year-old daughter. Kyron was last seen at Skyline School on June 4, 2010. His stepmother had driven him there for a science fair. Kaine Horman filed for divorce 24 days later, after investigators told him that six months earlier he had been the target of a murder-for-hire plot discussed by Terri Horman and a landscaper. He has had sole custody of their daughter since then.

— From wire reports