The United Way of Central Oregon and the Partnership to End Poverty are offering free tax preparation services to low- and moderate-income area residents from Feb. 2 to April 15 as part of their Take Credit Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
Tax preparation services are being offered by VITA and the AARP’s TaxAide program at the following places and times atarting Feb. 2:
• Bend (downtown): Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends from noon to 5 p.m. at the Downtown Bend Public Library. Call 541-389-6507 to schedule an appointment.
• Bend (east side): Mondays through Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Bend Senior Center. Call 541-706-6234 to schedule an appointment.
• La Pine: Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Pentecostal Church of God. Call 541-536-6237 to schedule an appointment.
• Prineville: Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Central Oregon Intergovernmental Council’s office. Call 541-447-3260 to schedule an appointment.
• Redmond: Mondays and Wednesdays from 4 to 7 p.m. at Lynch Elementary School. Call 541-389-6507 to schedule an appointment.
• Warm Springs: Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Family Resource Center. Call 541-553-3148 to schedule an appointment.
For more information about the tax preparation services, visit www.takecredit.org.
— From staff reports