Five companies, some with little more than an idea, have been selected to compete for $10,000 cash next month during the Concept Stage of the 10th annual Bend Venture Conference, organizers announced Friday.
Audience members, comprised of investors, entrepreneurs, educators and others, selected the finalists Thursday evening at McMenamins Old St. Francis School in Bend, according to a news release from Economic Development for Central Oregon. They heard pitches from 11 companies, along with a concept presenter selected from an Oregon State University-Cascades Campus entrepreneurship class.
The businesses selected and their concepts:
• Axis Mundi, a Bend company that seeks to make collapsible temporary housing.
• Ideal Equine Gear, a Bend developer of protective equine boots and wraps.
• Ochoco Arms, a Prineville company with a patented laser-sighting system for firearms.
• Onboard Dynamics, a Bend company developing technology for refueling vehicles with natural gas.
• TurboPup, a La Pine company that makes meal bars for dogs.
— Bulletin staff report