• Coffee Clatter: A regular weekly business networking group; 8:30-9:30 a.m.; free; Summit Cleaning & Restorations, 1559 SW Veterans Way, Redmond; 541-923-5191.
• Build a Business Website with WordPress, Beginning II: Learn how to use your WordPress website — create pages, customize menus, set up widgets; learn about plug-ins and how to upload photos and video; search engine optimization, slideshows, galleries, settings, themes and users are also discussed; 6-9 p.m.; additional classes on Wednesday and on Oct. 23, 25, 30 and Nov. 1; $199; Central Oregon Community College Chandler Lab, 1027 NW Trenton Ave., Bend; www.cocc.edu/sbdc or 541-383-7290.
• Awesome Bend Pitch Night: Five finalists share their ideas for making Bend a better place to live, work or play and compete for this quarter’s $1,000 grant; 6-8:30 p.m.; free; Summit Saloon & Stage, 125 NW Oregon St.; www.awesomebend.org or 541-389-5599.
• Grantmakers’ Panel: Representatives from Oregon Community Foundation, Meyer Memorial Trust and First Interstate Bank discuss their grants for nonprofits; 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; free; registration required; COCC Redmond Campus, Technology Center, SE Airport Way and SE Salmon Drive; firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-617-7089.
• Small Business Counseling: One-on-one sessions with Service Corps of Retired Executives volunteers to discuss all aspects of starting and operating small businesses; 5:30 p.m.; free; no appointment necessary; Downtown Bend Public Library, 601 NW Wall St., Bend; 541-617-7050.
• QuickBooks Pro 2015 Intermediate: Manage the financial aspects of your small to mid-sized business quickly and efficiently with this powerful, easy-to-use accounting program; learn how to properly implement and manage payroll, inventory, job costing, budgets and financial statements; additional evening sessions on Oct. 19 and 24; 6-9 p.m.; $99; COCC Chandler Lab, 1027 NW Trenton Ave., Bend; www.cocc.edu/sbdc or 541-383-7290.
• Business After Hours and Ribbon Cutting: A networking event sponsored by the Redmond Chamber of Commerce and Convention Visitor’s Bureau; 4:30-5:30 p.m., ribbon cutting, 5 p.m.; free; The Vault Taphouse/Kobold Brewing Tasting Room and Westside Taco House, 245 SW Sixth St., Redmond; 541-504-9373.
• How to Get Started with Social Media for Your Small Business: Learn the basic steps of when and how to use social media to promote your business from local SCORE mentors; 6-7:30 p.m.; free; registration required; Downtown Bend Public Library, 601 NW Wall St., Bend; 541-617-7050.
• Real Estate Broker Advanced Practices: A three-week course that combines classroom sessions with online self-study to meet the Oregon Real Estate Agency’s 27-hour advanced practices requirement for brokers renewing their license for the first time; course is approved by the OREA; additional classes on Oct. 25 and Nov. 1; $185; COCC Boyle Education Center, 2600 NW College Way, Bend: email@example.com or 541-280-9995.
• Buying or Selling a Business: Tips and tools to help facilitate successful business investing, buying or selling - gain insight on how to arrive at a market value, sellers learn how to package their business, buyers and investors learn how to analyze potential options; 6-9 p.m.; $69; COCC Chandler Lab, 1027 NW Trenton Ave., Bend; www.cocc.edu/sbdc or 541-383-7290.
• 41st Annual Building a Better Central Oregon Awards: Central Oregon Association of Realtors present awards to the businesses and residents who have enhanced their community with outstanding new or renovated residential, commercial or industrial buildings; 4-6 p.m.; $10; The Riverhouse on the Deschutes, 3075 N. Hwy 97, Bend; www.coar.com or 541-382-6027.
• 14th Annual Bend Venture Conference: Two-day business conference connecting social impact, early stage and growth stage companies with investment opportunities and featuring local company pitches, luncheons, networking events and educational opportunities; 8 a.m. start Wednesday and Thursday, $49-$299; Tower Theatre, 835 NW Wall St., Bend; firstname.lastname@example.org or call Erin Kelly, 541-388-3236.
• Business Start-up: Hear about the basics of starting a business, how to build a solid foundation and avoid costly mistakes; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. $29; COCC Redmond Campus, Technology Education Center, 2030 SE College Loop, Redmond; www.cocc.edu/sbdc or 541-383-7290.
• Association Financials 101 Luncheon: Homeowner association staff, board members and volunteer leaders discuss association financials, Oregon Revised Statutes requirements, financial reviews and cash versus accrual accounting; 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; $25 Community Associations Institute members, $35 nonmembers; The Oxford Hotel, 10 NW Minnesota Ave., Bend; www.caicentraloregon.org/events.html or call Nancy Herr, 541-719-8224.
• Understanding the ABC’s and D’s of Medicare: Learn who is eligible, what is covered and the enrollment process; 6 p.m.; free; Mid Oregon Credit Union, 1386 NE Cushing Drive, Bend; 541-382-1795.
• What You Need to Know About Medicare: Understand the coverage you need for 2018; 6 p.m.; free; Mid Oregon Credit Union, 51675 Huntington Road, La Pine; email@example.com or 541-382-1795 to reserve seating.