The Central Oregon Association of Realtors handed out its Building a Better Central Oregon awards Thursday at Riverhouse on the Deschutes.
The awards recognize individuals whose efforts have enhanced their communities with new or renovated residential, commercial or industrial buildings.
Awards for 2016 were as follows:
• Community Lifestyle Recreation Facility: The Pavilion, Bend, Bend Parks & Recreation District
• Best Renovation of a Bend Landmark: Box Factory, Bend, Killian Pacific
• Outstanding Relocation of an Oregon Icon: Erickson Aircraft Collection, Madras
• Accessibility Plus: Hope Playground at Sam Johnson Park in Dry Canyon Regional Park, city of Redmond and Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc., Redmond
• Best Circle of Life Care Facility: Country Side Living Memory Care, Redmond, Kristen Berkey and Eric Berkey
• Summer Camp Revival: Camp Tamarack Outdoor School, Sisters
• Bend’s Greenest Home: Desert Rain House, Bend, Thomas E. Elliott and Barbara A. Scott
• Best New Facility Contribution to the Central Oregon Healthcare Community: St. Charles Prineville, St. Charles Health System
• Best Contribution to Central Oregon Pediatric Health Care: Pediatric Center of Excellence, Bend; Wade Miller, CEO Central Oregon Pediatric Associates
• Best New Public Facility: Silver Rail Elementary, Bend, Bend-La Pine School District
• Vision and Redesign of an Existing Industrial Facility: Vision and Redesign of an Existing Industrial Facility: Murray Road Industrial Center, Bend; Next Development Group LLC, Murray Road Industrial Center
— Bulletin staff report