• La Jeanne Kline has joined Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Northwest Living as a broker. Kline has been a real estate broker since 2006.
• Andie Edmonds , broker and partner at NAI ARIS, has joined the board of directors of the Oregon/SW Washington Chapter of Certified Commercial Investment Members.
• April Lane has joined the Cascade School of Music as a piano teacher. Lane, who has a Master of Music in piano performance and accompanying, previously was a member of the music faculty at the University of Northern Colorado.
• Scott Glascon has joined the Bank of the Cascades as a mortgage loan officer. Glascon, who will work at the Northeast Third Street and Northeast Revere Avenue location, will focus on helping Bend businesses and families.
• Eric Birky has joined Precision of Bend as a customer service representative. Birky has previously worked at Automotive Paint Specialists and Cessna.
• Andy Smith , certified arborist with Spring River Tree Service Inc., is now ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified.
• Mike Palen has joined Windermere Central Oregon Real Estate in Bend as a broker.
• Christian Malone , of the firm Schmidt Malone, has been elected to the Cascade School of Music board of directors. Malone currently serves in the Oregon State Bar’s house of delegates.
• Emily Carr , academic program administrator at Oregon State University-Cascades Campus, has been nominated for a 2015 Pushcart Prize for her poetry. Carr is the director of the master of fine arts in creative writing program at OSU-Cascades. The Pushcart Prize is an annual American literary prize that honors the best poetry, short fiction, essays and literary content published in small presses.
Editor’s note: This story has been corrected. In the original version, Andy Smith’s ISA designation was incorrect.
The Bulletin regrets the error.