• Forest Collaboratives: Learn how the timber industry and environmentalists provide jobs, protect our forests and preserve the timber industry; Bruce Daucsavage, from Ochoco Lumber, will speak; 7-8 a.m.; Meadow Lakes Restaurant, 300 Meadow Lakes Drive, Prineville; 541-447-7640.
• Business After Hours: Host: Bend Chamber of Commerce; donations will be collected for Shepherd’s House; registration required; free; 5 p.m.; Touchmark at Mt. Bachelor Village, 19800 S.W. Touchmark Way, Bend; 541-382-3221, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.bendchamber.org.
• January AdBite: “Empowering Small Business in the Age of Internet Video,” featuring speaker Scott Elnes of Flick Five Films; $25 for members and students, $45 for nonmembers; 11:30 a.m.; St. Charles Bend conference center, 2500 N.E. Neff Road; 541-385-1992 or email@example.com .
• Business Start-up Class: Learn to run a business, reach your customers, find funding and more; registration required; $29; 6-8 p.m.; COCC - Crook County Open Campus, 510 S.E. Lynn Blvd., Prineville; 541-383-7290.
• Free Financial Workshop: Learn about building and rebuilding your credit; registration required; 6 p.m.; Mid Oregon Credit Union, 1386 N.E. Cushing Drive, Bend; 541-382-1795 or www.midoregon.com.
• January PubTalk: Economic Development for Central Oregon; Shannon Keith will discuss her company, International Princess Project; Matt Morse will answer questions about Crowdfunding; networking starts at 6 p.m.; registration required; $20 for EDCO and OEN members, $30 for nonmembers; 6 p.m.; McMenamins Old St. Francis School, 700 N.W. Bond St., Bend; 541-388-3236 or www.edcoinfo.com/events/events-calendar/429400.aspx.
• Newberry Habitat for Humanity homeownership meeting: Individuals and families can learn about applying for a Habitat home; registration suggested; 7-8 p.m.; John C. Johnson Center, 16405 First St., La Pine; 541-593-5005 or firstname.lastname@example.org .