Creative, articulate and well-organized ace programmer needed for fast-paced publishing environment. Must be a star technologically who can communicate effectively with non-technical executives, designers, journalists, salespeople and customers.
This full-time position is located at corporate headquarters in the beautiful resort town of Bend, OR, home of world-class mountain-biking, fly-fishing, rock-climbing and snowboarding. Position includes full benefits and competitive wages. You couldn't ask for a better lifestyle!
To apply, e-mail cover letter, resume, URLs, code samples, code repository (GitHub or other) and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Build new web sites, applications and functionality, including interfaces to 3rd party applications
- Contribute to development of web strategies
- Help manage company’s numerous digital initiatives, web and mobile
- Develop automation techniques and recommend new technology to improve efficiency of our digital operations
- Design, implement and maintain interfaces between automated processes and applications
- Provide timely technical support to employees and customers as needed
- Create web-specific multimedia advertising and/or news content
- Conduct appropriate testing and bug-fixing as needed
- Create and maintain technical, operational and user documentation
- Analyze utilization reports and resource requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Ability to write software to parse XML
- Ability to work with existing code as well as write new software
- Expert understanding of web browsers & cross-browser requirements
- Expert understanding of principles of usability and user interface design
- Expert understanding of databases and operating systems
- Expert understanding of character set issues and theUTf8 standard
- Expert understanding of HTML5 and XML
- Familiarity with open-source content management systems
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Deadline orientation