A fire at a rental home in southeast Bend Saturday morning was traced to a faulty exhaust fan motor in the bathroom.
At 10 a.m., Bend Fire Department units were called to 52 S.E. Taft Avenue, just west of the Parkway and south of Southeast Wilson Avenue. Crews found a fire in the attic upon their arrival, and cut a hole in the roof to extinguish the blaze.
Initial investigation suggests the exhaust fan motor overheated and ignited the insulation in the roof above the bathroom. Damages to the structure were estimated at $4,000.
— From staff reports