After Christmas, the Santa Land space in Bend’s Old Mill District will host a variety of events and activities for children daily from Dec. 27 to Dec. 29 and from Jan. 2 to Jan. 4 unless otherwise noted.
A $5 donation per child and per activity is encouraged.
• Story times for kids will be hosted by the Deschutes Public Library system at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
• Art classes from the Art Station will be from 10 to 11 a.m. for ages 4-6 and from 1 to 2 p.m. for ages 7-10. Classes are open to the first 12 children who check in (space is expected to fill up quickly). Classes will also be offered Dec. 30. Parents are not required to attend.
• Wanderlust Tours will offer a mini snowshoe adventure for kids ages 8-14 at 2 and 3:15 p.m. The class is limited to the first 10 to check in. Parents are not required to attend.
• Puppet shows by Treehouse Puppet Theatre will be at 4 p.m. All ages of children are welcome. The puppeteer is Linda Barnes, who is an interpretation ranger with the Newberry National Volcanic Monument.
• Savory Spice Shop, across from Santa Land, is offering free samples of hot cocoa and cider from 2 to 4 p.m.
— From staff reports