Bend Fire responded to reports of heavy smoke in the chimney flue at Greg’s Grill on Sunday, but the fire was out by the time authorities arrived.
According to a news release, firefighters were called to the Old Mill District restaurant around 10 a.m. Sunday, with callers reporting a fire above the kitchen.
When firefighters arrived, they determined the fire had been caused by grease on the wood-fired grill, which had ignited creosote buildup in the filters. The restaurant sustained about $2,000 in damage to the flue and a vent motor on the roof of the building.
— Bulletin staff reports