A gas leak at Pine Tavern closed the 200 block of Oregon Avenue and Northwest Brooks Street briefly Friday evening.
Streets were closed about 45 minutes and open again by 7 p.m., said Bend Fire Department Capt. Don Segal. The restaurant at 967 N.W. Brooks St. closed for the night.
The leak was reported at 5:50 p.m. at the restaurant, said Cascades Natural Gas Co. spokesman Tony Spilde.
Forty-nine people were evacuated from the building, including the tavern and three apartments. Cascade turned the gas off at 6:30 p.m., found a leak inside and ventilated the building. By 8:30 p.m. the leak was fixed, according to the utility company.
The Bend Fire and Police departments responded.