Oregon’s primary election will take place May 15.
• The deadline for registration to participate in the May primary was April 24.
• Current voters must update their registration in writing if their residence or mailing address has changed. Voters can accomplish this by submitting a new voter registration card to the county clerk’s office or updating registration online at www .oregonvotes.org.
• The deadline for changing party affiliation for the May primary was April 24. To change party affiliation for future elections, submit a new voter registration card to the county clerk’s office or update online at www.oregon votes.org.
• Every returned ballot signature is verified against the signature in the voter’s registration. If a voter’s signature has changed, the voter should submit a new voter registration card with the current signature.
• There is now an Independent Party in Oregon. If a voter does not want to be affiliated with any party, select on the voter registration card “Not a member of a party.”
• Ballots were mailed April 27. They cannot be forwarded.
• Absentee forms are available online and at the county clerk’s office if a voter will be away from home for one or more elections.
• Voter registration cards are available at city halls, libraries, DMV offices, post offices, county clerks’ offices, the last page of the government section (blue pages) of the Qwest Dex Phone book or online at www.deschutes.org/clerk or www.oregon votes.org.
For more inform-ation, go online to www .deschutes.org/clerk or www.oregonvotes.org.
— Bulletin staff reports